Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Heidi Richhart and Dede Wright Has been friends

Daisypath Friendship tickers

Heidi Richhart's and Dwight and Leta Clayton Family's friendship

Daisypath Friendship tickers

Friday, September 10, 2010

Shall Not Be Moved Out of Their Place

"During a very difficult time, the Lord gave the sternest warning that I know of in all scripture. It had to do with the building of the Nauvoo Temple. The Saints knew from experience that to proceed to build a temple would bring terrible persecution, so they delayed. The Lord extended the time and said, 'If you do not these things at the end of the appointment ye shall be rejected as a church, with your dead, saith the Lord your God' (D&C 124:32)."Often overlooked in that revelation is a marvelous promise: 'If my people will hearken unto my voice, and unto the voice of my servants whom I have appointed to lead my people, behold, verily I say unto you, they shall not be moved out of their place' (D&C 124:45)."Remember this promise; hold onto it. It should be a great comfort to those struggling to keep a family together in a society increasingly indifferent to, and even hostile toward, those standards which are essential to a happy family."The promise is a restatement of what the Lord told the multitude: 'Blessed are ye if ye shall give heed unto the words of these twelve whom I have chosen from among you to minister unto you, and to be your servants' (3 Ne. 12:1)."I repeat the promise that those who hearken to the voice of these men whom the Lord has raised up 'shall not be moved out of their place' (D&C 124:45)."But the promise was followed with this caution: 'But if they will not hearken to my voice, nor unto the voice of these men whom I have appointed, they shall not be blest' (D&C 124:46)."
Boyd K. Packer, "The Twelve Apostles," Ensign, Nov. 1996, 8

Topics: Obedience, Prophets

No comments: