Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Heidi Richhart and Dede Wright Has been friends

Daisypath Friendship tickers

Heidi Richhart's and Dwight and Leta Clayton Family's friendship

Daisypath Friendship tickers

Friday, October 8, 2010

The Promise in My Blessing

"Let me quote from the diary of Joseph Millett, a little-known missionary of an earlier time. Called on a mission to Canada, he went alone and on foot. In Canada, during the wintertime, he said: " 'I felt my weakness. A poor, ill-clothed, ignorant boy in my teens, thousands of miles from home among strangers. " 'The promise in my blessing and the encouraging words of President Young to me, with the faith I had in the gospel, kept me up. " 'Many times I would turn into the woods . . . in some desolate place with a heart full, wet eyes, to call on my master for strength or aid. " 'I believed the Gospel of Christ. I had never preached it. I knew not where to find it in the scriptures.' "That didn't matter so much, for, 'I had to give my Bible to the boatman at Digby for passage across the sound.' "
Boyd K. Packer, "A Tribute to the Rank and File of the Church," Ensign, May 1980, 63

Topics: Missionary Work, Faith

No comments: