Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Heidi Richhart and Dede Wright Has been friends

Daisypath Friendship tickers

Heidi Richhart's and Dwight and Leta Clayton Family's friendship

Daisypath Friendship tickers

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Priesthood Power as a Shield

"Now, fathers, I would remind you of the sacred nature of your calling. You have the power of the priesthood directly from the Lord to protect your home. There will be times when all that stands as a shield between your family and the adversary's mischief will be that power. You will receive direction from the Lord by way of the gift of the Holy Ghost."
Boyd K. Packer, "The Power of the Priesthood," Ensign, May 2010, 9

Topics: Fatherhood, Gift of the Holy Ghost, Family

1 comment:

Tennant Family said...

This is SO important! I (John's wife, Erin) grew up without the Priesthood in my home for most of my childhood. It's so nice having John as a worthy Priesthood holder. Just the presence of the Priesthood in our home can be felt at times.

I've been blessed enough to receive a great number of blessings from him, as have our children. It's great when they're sick, are getting ready to start a new school year, or are just having a rough day to be able to call upon the power of the Priesthood that their father holds and take comfort in that.

We had a friend live with us for a few months last year and she was in such a fragile state that she asked him for blessings almost daily. I can tell you that on more than one occasion it was VERY clear to me how in tune he was with The Spirit. He was addressing issues that she had discussed with me, but that he, without the guidance of the Holy Ghost, could not have known anything about.

Here's a blog post I did about how the Priesthood has comforted me, if you're interested.

http://www.tennant-family.com/2009/09/contemplative-ramblingson-things-that.html