Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Heidi Richhart and Dede Wright Has been friends

Daisypath Friendship tickers

Heidi Richhart's and Dwight and Leta Clayton Family's friendship

Daisypath Friendship tickers

Monday, August 2, 2010

Depend on the Lord

"I was a young missionary in northern England in 1922. Opposition to the Church became very intense. It became so strong that the mission president asked that we discontinue all street meetings. In some places, tracting was also discontinued."My companion and I had been invited to travel over to South Shields, on the northwest coast, and speak in the sacrament meeting. In the invitation they said, 'We feel sure we can fill the little chapel. Many of the people over here do not believe the falsehoods printed about us. If you'll come, we're sure that we'll have a great meeting.' We accepted."We fasted and prayed sincerely and went to the sacrament meeting. My companion had planned to talk on the first principles. I had studied hard in preparation for a talk on the Apostasy. There was a wonderful spirit in the meeting. The hall was filled. My companion spoke first and gave an inspirational message. I followed and talked with a freedom I had never experienced before in my life. When I sat down, I realized that I had not mentioned the Apostasy. I had talked on the Prophet Joseph Smith and borne my witness of his divine mission and of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. After the meeting had ended, many people came forward. Several nonmembers said, 'Tonight we received a witness that Mormonism is true. We are now ready for baptism.'"This was an answer to our prayers, for we had prayed to say only those things that would touch the hearts of the investigators."Learn to be dependent on the Lord for your success."
Ezra Taft Benson, "Keys to Successful Member-Missionary Work," Ensign, Sept. 1990, 5–6

Topics: Missionary Work

No comments: